Sig P226 Navy being Replaced by MK25
I just received word that the current iteration of Sig Sauer’s P226 Navy (NSWG) will be discontinued very soon. The Navy will be replaced by an updated model called the P226 MK25 (Mark 25).
I do not yet have an actual part number or specs but I understand there will be some improvements / changes to the design.
Additional updates on the P226 MK25 will be posted here as we receive additional information or photos. I do know that the price is expected to increase by $100+ due to the enhancements in the design.
If you’re looking for a regular P226 Navy, check out specs and pricing in our store. They’ll be unavailable after 2011.
More about the MK25
The standard by which all contemporary sidearms are measured, The SIG SAUER® P226® is the pistol that set the standard by which all other combat handguns are measured. The exceptional ergonomics and balance make this full size pistol easy to handle. Its longer barrel yields better ballistic performance and accuracy. The P226 MK25 is identical to the pistol carried by the U.S. Navy SEALs-the fleet’s special warfare operators. The railed P226 chambered in 9mm and engraved with an anchor on the left side of the slide is the official sidearm of the SEALs.
P226 MK25 features
- Nitron-coated stainless steel slide
- Black hard coat anodize aluminum frame
- Anti-corrosion coatings on controls and internals
- UID identifi cation label
- SIGLITE® Night sights
- Custom engraved anchor on slide
- Integral MIL Spec 1913 accessory rail
- Certificate of Authenticity with each pistol
P226 MK25 SPECIFICATIONS
- Caliber 9MM
- Overall Length 7.70 in
- Overall Height 5.50 in
- Overall Width 1.50 in
- Barrel Length 4.40 in
- Sight Radius 6.30 in
- Sights SIGLITE® Night sights
- Weight w/Magazine 34.4 oz
- Frame Material Alloy
- Frame Finish Nitron®
- Slide Material Stainless Steel
- Slide Finish Black hard anodized
- Magazine Capacity 15 Rounds
- Trigger DA/SA
- Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs / SA 4.4 lbs
- Features UID identifi cation label, anti-corrosion coatings on controls and internal components, anchor engraving
Update 12-22-2011 – the MK25 is now in stock! Below are custom photos. Order the MK25 in the store today or by phone.