Sig P938 Photos
We’ve got photos of the new Sig P938! Below are photos and Sig Sauer’s press release.
The above Extreme model shows the extended 7rd P938 magazine – it looks nearly identical to the P238 extended 7rd mag.
I do not yet have photos of the P938 SAS but I will be posting updates from the floor at SHOT Show ASAP.
All photos in this post are from Sig Sauer – watermarks have been added to prevent hot-linking.
P938 Press Release:
SIG SAUER® P938TM Packs 9mm Power Into P238®-sized Platform
The company’s smallest 9mm ever is based on one of its best-selling pistols
EXETER, NH (January 2012) — With the introduction of the P938, SIG SAUER now offers the ballistic advantage of the 9mm cartridge in a platform similar in size to the best-selling P238 pistol.
A single-action-only trigger, coupled with full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights makes the P938 handle like a much larger pistol, yet is still easy to carry concealed.
“As soon as the P238 was introduced, we began to see demand for a 9mm version,” said Ron Cohen, SIG SAUER President and Chief Executive Officer. “We wanted to maintain the P238 accuracy and reliability, while providing the extra punch of the larger caliber.”
With dimensions just slightly larger than its .380ACP counterpart, the P938 packs six plus one rounds of 9mm into an all-metal frame. The cocked-and-locked single-action trigger gives the P938 unmatched accuracy in a pistol its size.
Fans of the 1911 will find the thumb safety, magazine release and slide stop lever in familiar places. An ambidextrous safety makes the P938 easy for left- and right-handed shooters. An extended seven-round magazine will be available separately.
The most compact 9mm in the SIG SAUER product line, the P938 will be available in five configurations.
- Rosewood: Features a Nitron®-coated stainless steel slide over a dark hard anodized alloy frame. Hogue® Rosewood Grips round out this package.
- Blackwood: A natural stainless steel slide and black hard coat anodized alloy frame are paired with Hogue Blackwood grips.
- Extreme: Following in the footsteps of other Extreme models, this P938 has a Nitron-coated stainless slide and black anodized frame. Hogue G-10 Piranha grips in black and grey provide maximum grip and a distinctive look.
- SAS: The SIG Anti-Snag treatment removes all sharp edges and corners on the slide and frame. A natural stainless steel slide contrasts with the black hard coat anodized alloy frame and the stippled walnut grips.
- Equinox: A polished Nitron two-tone slide is paired with a black hard coat anodized frame. Tru-Glo® front and SIGLITE rear sights and Hogue black Diamondwood grips complete this package.
See larger photos of these pistols by clicking the thumbnail below: